divendres, 30 de setembre del 2011

My new painting: MEDUSA

My new painting is really interesting... I think that's the most meaningful painting I've ever done.

Is a picture about Medusa, of the greek mythology, but I'm not talking about the arcaic Medusa. Medusa is a sign that first was seen like a bad, and ugly monster, but with time, there've been a lot of changes about his apperance.

Now, and the Medusa that I want to recreate, is the one that is very very beautiful, and sexy, but she is so dangerous because of her eyes. When she look to someone, he or she become petrificated. Is the price to see her beauty, in my opinion.

She seems to be (in my picture) very angry, nervous and sad. Normally, in my mind she is in nature, free, and lonely. And in my picture she's been captured, and she has his hands bundled, and her only arm and defense is her look, that now is the strongest and powerful ever.

The colours are tones of black and white, and a strong and passion red, exalting her beauty.

It's not finished yet, but you can see how it goes ;)



Paula.

Cap comentari:

Publica un comentari a l'entrada